FC Cincinnati's Victor Mansaray called up to Sierra Leone national team

FC Cincinnati forward Victor Mansaray has been called up to the Sierra Leone national team for African Cup Of Nations qualifying matches, the 20-year-old announced on his Instagram page.

"First of all I wanna thank the organization that gives me the chance to make my dream come true @soundersfc. Secondly thanks to @fccincinnati for continue to teach me the game at a higher level. A huge thank you to @ussoccer for the exposure I really appreciate everything y'all did for me," Mansaray said.

"Now is time to take the next step by accepting the call up from the MotherLand to play in the African Cup Of Nations Qualifiers at home this weekend. As a kid I always wanted to wear that Green, White & Blue and play in front of my people and my mom & finally here I am today gettin ready for one of the biggest matches in my career so far against Kenya at home."

Mansaray has played in eight games with FCC this season, including three starts. He is yet to record a goal or an assist in Cincinnati.

Mansaray has spent time on the Sounders' USL club as well as Seattle's MLS club. From 2014-2015, Mansaray also spent time on the United States' under-18 and under-20 teams. Because Mansaray never played for the USMNT, he is eligible to play for Sierra Leone's senior squad.

Sierra Leone will play Kenya on Saturday. If Mansaray plays in that match (or in any other match for the country's national team), he will no longer be eligible to play for the United States.

In his career, Mansaray has scored five goals in 43 USL matches.

Mansaray is currently playing with FCC on loan from the Sounders.

(Photo courtesy of @baller_97/Instagram)