FC Cincinnati could break USL attendance record against Valencia CF

FC Cincinnati has confirmed that the La Liga club that they will face this summer is Valencia CF.

That international friendly will be played at Nippert Stadium on July 24 at 7 p.m. ET. When FCC hosted the English Premier League's Crystal Palace in 2016, that match drew more than 35,000 fans, setting an attendance record for a USL team. Hosting a club from La Liga could draw even more fans in 2017.

“To attract a club of Valencia’s magnitude speaks to the passion our fans and our city have demonstrated for the game of soccer,” FCC president and general manager Jeff Berding said in a statement. “La Liga is the top league in Spain and one of the best in the world with renowned players such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in the league.

"Valencia itself is a world-renowned team that has won La Liga six times, Copa Del Rey seven times and captured seven European trophies. We are beyond thrilled to be able to bring Valencia, who boast former Manchester United player Nani, to Cincinnati and treat our fans to what will be a spectacular event. We would like to thank Cincinnati Bell for being the presenting sponsor and are appreciative of their continued support and partnership.”

Tickets for the match will start at $15. FCC will release more details about purchasing tickets closer to the date of the game.