What's Sean Okoli been up to?

As we near closer to a lot of important dates such as the match vs Charlotte on Saturday, the unveiling of a new stadium design for FC Cincinnati on Monday, and the 4th round U.S. Open Cup match vs. Columbus Crew SC on Wednesday, a random thought popped up in my brain: How's Sean Okoli doing?

It feels just like yesterday when he scored a magnificent first ever home goal for FC Cincinnati, giving fans plenty of memories and reasons to come back.

In his one season in Cincinnati, Okoli made 29 appearances for the squad, racking up 16 goals and winning the USL League MVP in 2016. While it was heartbreaking to see him move on to New York City FC, he definitely earned the right to play in the top tier of United States soccer.

So what has Okoli been up to for NYCFC?

Unfortunately not much up to this point, but that seems to be changing. During the beginning of the season, Okoli was lucky to be subbed into the game, playing 10 minutes at most per game. However, he has recently earned starts against Columbus Crew SC and Real Salt Lake, and scored his first career MLS goal in a 2-1 Loss on May 17th.

Even though this might not seem like a lot, sometimes all a good goal scorer like Sean needs is for one to find the back of the net before he catches fire. Hopefully this upward trend continues for Okoli as FCC supporters wish him nothing but the best.

(Photo courtesy of @atasick/Twitter)