Match Day Preview: FC Cincinnati takes five-game unbeaten streak to Orlando City

After coming off an exhilarating victory over the Chicago Fire, FC Cincinnati has traveled down to Florida to continue their USL play against Orlando City B, an affiliate of the MLS club Orlando City. As it sits right now, both teams have played 15 league matches, and FCC barely edges Orlando City, 20 points to their 19. This game will be crucial for league play as only one point separates teams five through ten in the standing.

Djiby, who was out against the Chicago Fire, should be good to go after a sprained ankle kept him out of that game. While the game against the Fire did go a full 120 minutes, our incredible back line, who have not let either of two MLS teams score on them, should be good to go also.

According to FC Cincinnati, Coach Koch said this about managing minutes and their upcoming game:

"We hope to continue the positive performances we have been putting in over the last few weeks at Orlando. We know that they are a quality team and it will be a tough challenge for us. We do though believe a lot in our group, and I am able to manage minutes based on work load and tactical assignments."

Looking into that, he might decide to shake up the back line and give a defender a break since their stunner on Wednesday. How Koch sets up his formation against Orlando City might be just as important as who plays. Against the Fire, he played a 3-4-3, but against the Crew, he tried to play a more stable game in a 3-5-2 that often dropped to a 5-3-2.

Koch, who we all should believe in, has been a mastermind with the team. He should know that the team needs these three points and attack Orlando City right out of the gate. While there won't be 300k+ watching this game like the one on Wednesday, there will still be significance in the outcome, and hopefully, we can gain a much-needed three points.

The game will start at 8:30 and can be seen on a local Cincinnati station.