FC Cincinnati continue their preseason against Nashville SC

Photo taken by Jamie Smed-Twitter

When/Where-This preseason match is at Gettler Stadium in Cincinnati at 4 pm. This is the first of FC Cincinnati’s home matches in the preseason.

How to watch-Unfortunately, there is no way to watch the match without being there. If you want to know how the match is going, pay attention to out Twitter account. We will be live-tweeting the match.

The Rundown

FC Cincinnati has been on a roll this preseason, winning three of their four matches. The only match they didn’t win was against New England Revolution, and in that match they held the lead for some time. It has been easy to see that the club has improved after the offseason, even though no one is probably surprised. The bulk of FC Cincinnati’s signing were improvements on the players who held the positions last season, especially at the midfield position.

In this match against Nashville SC, I think Koch will start to better find his starting lineup. The previous matches have been fitness matches, and also for Koch to see the kind of players he has, but with only a few matches left, Koch will look at the lineups which work best. In the first half, I think we will see the players Koch believes in the most play more.

Nashville SC have not had much experience against USL clubs this preseason. They have played four preseason matches so far, and they have won one of the, against the Lipscomb Bisons, a college team in Nashville, Tennessee. Nashville SC got a loss against Atlanta United 3-1 in their first match, and tied the Chicago Fire 0-0. In their only USL competition so far, they tied the Ottawa Fury 1-1. Something I have noticed so far, is that no one player has dominated in the lineup for them. They have been good about spreading the ball, and getting it to everyone. The club has a more experienced side, and less experienced, much like the way FC Cincinnati has been playing their preseason. This more experienced side has yet to allow a goal in the preseason, and almost scored against the Chicago Fire. CJ Cochran, Nashville’s goalkeeper, has already made himself out to be a great goalkeeper. Look for him to be out first to set the stage for Nashville.

This match will be a good benchmark for how the FC Cincinnati preseason is going. Nashville has not had a lot of competition against USL sides, but the minutes we have seen from their more experienced side shows promise for the upcoming season, akin to FC Cincinnati’s first season where they finished 3rd in the Eastern Conference. This is only the preseason, but it will be good to see how the club performs against another good side.

Popular Posts