FC Cincinnati fall 1-0 to rival Louisville City in front of record-breaking crowd

In front of over 25,000 shivering fans, FC Cincinnati lost their USL home opener to their rival and 2017 USL Champion Louisville City FC. The 25,667 that filled Nippert was a USL home-opener record.

As for the game itself, FCC lost 1-0 from a goal in the 13'. With a near equalizer from Corben Bone along with some near late-game heroics from FCC, the home club eventually left the pitch with their first loss of the season. On top of that, it was starting goalkeeper Evan Newton's first goal conceded this season.

FC Cincinnati played possibly the best Eastern Conference team in just their third game of the season. If tonight taught us anything, it taught us that this team will need time to grow. On paper, they could be one of the best lower division teams ever assembled, but on the pitch, it'll take them time to figure out each other's strengths and weaknesses.

Even head coach Alan Koch knew not to expect too much. Per the Cincinnati Enquirer, Koch said "We're a new team. This is our third game, so, to expect miracles at this stage of the season would be very unrealistic."

Albeit LCFC did win the game, FCC had more shots on target, more shots inside the box, and more overall shots. There were quite a bit of positives from the game, and without Kenney Walker, it's hard to really drill FCC.

In my opinion, Corben Bone was the player of the game. He seemingly did everything, and if his bouncing ball in the first half would've gone in, he would've been FCC's Man of the Match.

Following the disappointing loss, FC Cincinnati dropped to No. 6 in the Eastern Conference. However, when it comes to points per game, they're tied for third in the East.

FCC's next game will be this upcoming Sunday, April 15 at 3:00 pm against Bethlehem. Following that game, they return home on April 21 to take on Pittsburgh.