FC Cincinnati records first preseason win against Colorado Rapids

After a draw against the Montreal Impact, FC Cincinnati defeated the Colorado Rapids, 1-0. The Rapids finished in 11th place in the Western Conference last season. FCC's matchup took place at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.

FC Cincinnati's lone goal came off a Forest Lasso header in the 59th minute. Lasso became the second FCC player to score in the preseason. Darren Mattocks, the team's first expansion pick, scored the side's lone goal against the Montreal Impact.

Although the win should be a huge confidence booster for FCC, the bigger news might've been the debut of Frankie Amaya, the first overall pick in the MLS SuperDraft. While held scoreless, Amaya played just ten minutes in his preseason debut.

Per a team report, Alan Koch was impressed by his team's effort saying, "I was also impressed with the shape of both groups. We got a shut out in the first 45 minutes and in the second 45 minutes."

Maybe, just maybe, a defensive-heavy mindset will bode in FC Cincinnati favor in their inaugural season.

Here's a replay of the game-winning goal scored by Lasso.
The teamwork and chemistry after just a few weeks together already seems to solid. The team played with confidence and should look to continue thriving against D.C. United on Thursday, February 7.