Greg Garza ranked as second best left back in MLS

Acquired from MLS Cup-winning Atlanta United, Greg Garza was ranked as the second-best left back in the MLS.

MLS's Bobby Warshaw created the rankings that praised Garza.

He said the back has been "phenomenal" when on the pitch. However, one of the main concerns with Garza is his health. Garza played 11 (starting 10) of the possible 34 games last season. He did manage 26 appearances in 2017 though.

For FC Cincinnati, his health didn't seem like a huge concern, giving up a combined $450,000 for one of the MLS's top left backs. Garza is likely to play a large role in what should be a stout defensive line for FCC.

MLS contributor Tom Bogert quoted FC Cincinnati head coach Alan Koch who seemed thrilled to bring Garza onto their inaugural MLS roster.

“We are thrilled to add someone with Greg’s soccer pedigree to our backline for next season,” FC Cincinnati head coach Alan Koch said in a statement. “He has played at the highest level of soccer in the United States and Mexico and has been a key component of his team at every stop. We look forward to what Greg will bring to our group on and off the pitch next season.”

Let's just hope Garza stays healthy and can contribute for the first-year club.