FC Cincinnati defeats Portland 3-0 to claim first victory in its MLS history

FC Cincinnati was absolutely dominant in front of a sell-out crowd in its first MLS home match. The club brought in 32,250 to pack Nippert Stadium. Let's just say the fans did not leave disappointed.

Kendall Waston, the team's captain, scored the first home goal in the club's history just 15 minutes into the game. Here's a look at Waston's goal, the first of the game.
From there, FC Cincinnati went into the half confident, leading 1-0. However, they were down in shots, taking a three shot deficit into the half. Of the seven shots, just two were on target for Portland.

The second half changed everything.

As FC Cincinnati grew more dominant, they pressed forward, leading to an array of second-half chances. Those chances resulted in two goals and 13 shots which included arguably the best goal of the MLS season by midfielder Allan Cruz.

Here's a look at the goal that left the entire stadium in awe. This was Cruz's first of his career.

Then without hesitation, FC Cincinnati marched right down the field and put a third in the back of the net. This time it was Mathieu Deplagne. This was also Deplagne's first goal of his MLS career.

It was a career night for FC Cincinnati. Greg Garza and fan-favorite Emmanuel Ledesma both came on late in the game to add some strength and help close out a historic night for the FCC faithful.

Allan Cruz was the Man of the Match for FC Cincinnati.

In the next few days, we'll get a chance to unwind this game and really breakdown who and how the players excelled. For now, we'll take our three points and move the Eastern Conference board.