FC Cincinnati take on Portland Timbers in Inaugural MLS Home Match

FC Cincinnati has already played two matches in MLS this season, but if you ask any fan of the Orange and Blue, this one is different.

FCC face off against Portland Timbers at Nippert Stadium on Sunday for their first ever home match in MLS. A record-breaking sellout crowd was announced on Saturday so expect a loud environment, an environment ready to make history.

And with any large and raucous crowd comes players that will be looking to put on a show. Against a much weaker opponent than FCC's first two opponents, Seattle and Atlanta, the team should have a chance to secure three points in its inaugural home match.

FCC has started this season 0-1-1 with a opening weekend loss in Seattle and a draw last week in Atlanta. Cincinnati will be looking to take their first 3 points against a Timbers (0-1-1) side who lost 4-1 to LAFC last weekend and are also still trying to find their footing early on.

"We're really really excited." said manager Alan Koch when asked about the feeling around the club leading up to the game. "It's a great opportunity for everybody. The individuals to get a chance to play but obviously for us as a club, for our fanbase, and for our city to really showcase ourselves."

If you are attending the match plan to show up early. The club is starting to enforce new security measures at the gate and a high attendance might mean longer wait times to get in.

The match will air at 5:00 pm on Star64 and can be streamed on FloSports.

Comments