USMNT vs Venezuela officially scheduled for June 9 at 2 p.m.

The United States Men's National Team is coming to Nippert.

However, we already knew that. We even already knew that it'd be on Sunday, June 9. What we didn't know is that it's going to be an afternoon game. While not typically important for the game itself, it is a time that Cincinnati-soccer fans must set aside.

This should be a huge occassion for the city as it's not every year or even every decade that a national teams comes to Cincinnati. The last time this happened was September of 2017, when the USWNT crushed New Zealand at Nippert Stadium.

With FC Cincinnati now in the MLS, these high-profile games should come more frequently. That said, the national team has just a handful of domestic games, so attracting this team to this city was a telling sign of how the USSF feel about the city and their energetic fanbase.

This being one of the club's last Gold Cup tune-up games, it's importance shouldn't be understated. The USMNT will be taking on a talented Venezuala side. Both the USMNT and the Venezuala national team are top-30 in FIFA rankings.

"We are looking forward to having this opportunity heading into the Gold Cup," USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter said. He added that, "When you add in the support that FC Cincinnati has developed and we expect to see, you couldn't ask for a better preparation match."

This will be a phenomenal game, and one you should go ahead and mark down on your calendar.

Comments